Re: What is the stock tire size for a '71 B?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: What is the stock tire size for a '71 B?
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 98 23:42:57 EST

> BTW, does anyone know of any good reference material on tires? I'm quit
> ignorant in this area, especially on how to interpret the size numbers. Maybe
> a web site?

Bob,
I can help with the basics.

Lets start with P185/75R14

The P stands for passenger car rated.  Light truck tires are, you
guessed it LT

The 185 is the tread width in millimeters.

The 75 is the sidewall height as a percentage of the tread width.  So on
this particular tire, the sidewall is 75% as high as the tread is wide.

I forget what the R stands for.  Radial?

The 14 is the diameter of the rim the tire fits on, in inches.

Weird enough for ya? :-)
--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia