Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car (Another long Post)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:37:47 EST

On Thu, 5 Feb 98 08:44:27 -0000 Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk> writes:
>On 4/2/98 7:00 pm John McEwen said
>
>>I think you can perceive our conundrum.  A new MG would have to sell
>for
>>$35,500 or $41,000 depending on the model.  This doesn't include duty
>and
>>taxes.  You would be amazed what you could buy here for that kind of
>money.
>>That's getting close to the price of a Z3 or a 280SLK.  It would
>certainly
>>buy a new Camaro or Firebird and any quality new sport sedan on the
>market.
>>I can see that the F would be a very hard sell in Canada as a Miata
>goes
>>for 2/3 of that.
>
>I'm not an economist, so I don't understand the ins and outs of
>pricing,
>but the MGF is competitive in Europe, Australia, Japan etc, so I
>wonder
>why it can't be in the US. Any suggestions?
>
>And let's face it, who'd be seen dead in a Miata, apart from
>hairdressers
>- oh dear, now I've done it ;-)

 Well, my wife's haire dresser wouldn't. I had to pick up the better half
at the "salon" and when she came out, the ower followed, "ooohing and
aaahing" about how cute the Midget was, and that it looked a lot better
than her friends Mi**ta.
 Just goes to show.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget
>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]