Re: Engine swaps

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine swaps
From: Mx6perform@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 18:11:58 EST

<< 15 psi is not considered low boost, nor can you accomplish
 that without new pistons and at least part of the engine management system
 that you seem anxious to throw away. I seem to recall the 300  using
something
 like 8-9 psi, but could be wrong. >>

I am have had many custom turbocharged cars in the past. I have a 95 Mazda MX6
running 10psi without any internal mods. This car has the stock pistons and
rods. 10psi is high boost for this cart. I know people personally that run
18psi in there 300Zxs with no other mods. 18psi for a 300zx is high boost.

<<If you want to do the swap, and assuming that the physical size and location
strictures are favourable, why not transplant the complete stock turbo motor
_with_ all engine systems? It would be reliable, clean, and have a great deal
of power. Which part of that do you find objectionable.>>

The MG has a great deal of problems with its electronics throwing EFI into the
mess to me seems like a bad idea. I think that keeping with the basic carb. is
the best thing to do. I can get performance products that will bolt on to a
carb. converted 300zx very cheaply and increase the power output of the engine
rather than decrease. I understand that in most situations going with EFI is
the answer but for me the cheapest and simplest way is to go with a carb. I
personally hate carbs. You do give a bit of driveability away when you go with
a carb. I am by no means am try to say that you are wrong it is just my
personal situation.
Ron Powell
95 Mazda MX6
76 MGB