Re: Engine swaps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine swaps
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 98 08:25:47 PST
Bill S. responds to a rather strange idea of mutilating a 300ZX engine
for less power then shoving it into a 'B:

>By the way, have you considered non-turbo rotary power? Lots of noise, revs
>like a mad sewing machine, and more power than you'd likely need?

Lots of rotary powered Spridgets and TR Spits out there.  Nice compact
powerplant.  But from the engine weights I've read, some are actually
heavier than the Rover V-8.  Which could also be the case of the
ZX engine, for it has a cast iron block.

If I was going to convert a Midget, I'd surely consider the Wankel.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                  http://www.teamsanctuary.com/