Re: America's True Daredevils "LBC owners"

To: rzc4@cdc.gov, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: America's True Daredevils "LBC owners"
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 22:23:49 EST
In a message dated 98-02-11 14:18:31 EST, rzc4@cdc.gov writes:

<<
 SUVs be damned!!  I consider one of my most daring feats to be passing
 an 18 wheeler in my MGA on a 2 lane highway in an downpour.  Like going
 through a car wash.  The little engine is screaming, the top is
 flapping, the whole car shakes.  You catch a glimpse of those wheels
 huge wheels through the gray in the passenger window.  Gradually, your
 windshield lightens up and the wipers actually start to do some good.
 Finally the road clears and you see this smoking mountain in the rear
 view mirror.  I don't think I ever did it at night.  Now passing a truck
 in my GN is a hoot. Slam - (light show with tach & boost gauge) bam -
 see ya pal.

 -ralph cordell
 '59 MGA
 '84 Turbo Regal
 '87 Grand Nat
 '96 Roadmonster

ralph,

     I dunno!  I hear that wives in big Buicks are far more destructive to
LBCs.  Now that it's been awhile, I'm sure that we can laugh about it!  You
are laughing aren't you ralph?  Tell you what, we''meet at the American Tap
and reminisce the burning of Old Main.

Tom