TC Adventures

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TC Adventures
From: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 16:55:39 +1100
1.  I had the need to remove the fuel sending unit after over a year of
sealing it "permanently" with a Loctite 2 part putty and no gasket.  It has
been leak free all that time. After a few taps with a rubber mallet (after
removing the screws!) it came off and I just sanded/filed off the filler
which was a 10 minute job.  I put it back using the same putty and no
gasket.  Still no leaks.  I was so confident I would never get it (the
sending unit) off without damaging it I already had my Moss catalog out
preparing to order another one.

2.  The starter has died and I'm using the hand crank.  On inspection, the
field coils appear to be earthed (grounded to Yanks).  Do I have to replace
them, or is their another fix.  Are parts still available?

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia