Re: wash, clean, polish, wax?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: wash, clean, polish, wax?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:57:52 EST

> Joseph Cianciotti wrote:
>  >
>  > Finally, a completely beautiful day in San Francisco.  Took out the
>  > bucket and washed the B. Unfortunately, some of the winter crud didn't
>  > come off.  (Mostly water spots and oxidized paint.)  I've tried Meguiars
>  > Body scrub in the past with limited success.  Does anyone have a
>  > suggestion for a slightly more aggressive cleaning product?

Turtle Wax makes a liquid car wax called Color Back. I've had excellent
results with it. I believe it has a very mild polishing compound built in that
would be perfect for what you indicated. I just painted my TD, and I used
Color Back for the first wax job. It did a good job of rubbing-out the enamel
paint I used. I don't think I would use anything with a polishing agent in it
on a regular basis though. You may eventually polish right though the paint.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336