Synthetic Grease

To: "INTERNET:dmeadow@juno.com" <dmeadow@juno.com>,
Subject: Synthetic Grease
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:08:45 -0500
Give your local Dupont Performance Lubricants salesman a call.  Dupont
makes a line of synthetic greases under the Krytox brand name which use a=

PFPE (perfluoropolyether) oil thickened with PTFE (Teflon).  It is rated
for continuous use up to 260 degrees celcius and down to forty below zero=

and is chemically inert, so it won't react with anything which may come
into contact with it (gas, liquid or solid).  I think the GPL-225 would
probably meet your needs, but something thicker (GPL-226) might be good,
too.  You should be able to get a 'sample' tube of this stuff for about $=
10
or less.  I've never used it on a distributor, but I imagine it would
proably work well.  Check out:  =

http://www.lubricants.dupont.com/kprodinf.html.  If you need info on othe=
greases, let me know.

Rich P.    =