RE: Quandry..14" or 15" Wheels for MGB

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Quandry..14" or 15" Wheels for MGB
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 07:04:15 -0800
Something everyone overlooks when they go to 195 series tires - if you
are running an MGB-GT, the spare tire/wheel will no longer fit under the
load floor.  I now have a permanent circular groove in the vinyl
material above the spare in my GT V-8 - irritating to say the least.
Now I am on a quest to find some 175-14s, the OE tire size for the V-8.

Also, the 195s make the car steer like a truck, particularly in parking
maneuvers. I know that all of the boy racers out there will come back
with discussion of adhesion and turn-in and contact patches, etc., but I
prefer the original size tires, both for looks and overall "feel".
Remember that I'm into general touring and not autocrossing, etc.  YMMV.

cheers,
Paul Kile, resident curmudgeon.