Re: A little help please

To: RossOvercash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: A little help please
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 11:12:09 -0800
RossOvercash wrote:

> I find myself being very stupid today...

You are close, Ross, but about 90 degrees out.  The number one is upper
right, or the one closest to number one plug.  I learned this, and the
fact that it does run counterclockwise as you note.  Once when
unwinterizing a big Healey, I used the firing order that I had
thoughtfully marked on the underside of the bonnet.  Forgot where no. 1
was and forgot that it ran backwards to American iron.  Odd thing is
that it ran--sounded rough and stuff but it did start.

> Next question.  I had a discusion here about the correct bulb for the front
> turn signals/parking lights.  The consensus was that it should be an 1156
> not an 1157.  Well guess what, the 1156 does not have the offset nipples on
> it so therefore will not fit!  So the 1157 must be correct??

The 1157 is usually the one for turn/park light applications.  The
problem is that they call them something else now.  If you read the
small print, it will say that XXX replaces the 1157.

Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO
'58 Bugeye, '67 BJ 8, '67 MGB V8