New guy and alternative drive trains

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New guy and alternative drive trains
From: ABunch726 <ABunch726@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:10:53 EST
Hi, My name is Aaron, I'm brand new to the list.  I am 23, engaged to a
wonderful woman, and a market rep. for Bose (the speaker company).  I live in
Denton, TX (just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth).  My daily driver is my company
Dodge Caravan and my fun car is a 91 Toyota MR2.

I rescued a MGB from the crusher.  The car is in Vernon, TX at my family's
farm.  It is a rubber bumper car.   I haven't even had time to really look at
the car and take inventory as to what it has and what it needs.  The body is
decent, but it will need a hood, no big deal (I hope).  It is white with a
black interior.  The motor is trashed, and the tranny is questionable.  My
real goal for the car is to have an exciting roadster.  Has anyone dropped
another drive train into a MGB?  GM or Ford V-6?  Toyota or Nissan 4 cylinder?
Mazda Rotary?  I'd like to have around 150hp and a standard tranny.  I want to
hear from anyone who has tried this and what the complications were.

Thanks,

Aaron