Re: Scratches in windscreen

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Scratches in windscreen
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:13:06 -0800
Rick Morrison wrote:

> Buffing the windshield (or any surface, for that matter) will result in
> the removal of some material. If the scratch is too deep and material is
> removed to smooth the scratch, what you have effectivly done is ground a
> lens.

        This is the very same reason that if you are careless in your flat
sanding, you will end up w/ a "friendly car", or one that "waves" at
you.  Sorry, the analogy came from an old body man that taught me what
little I know about body work. It's true, though.

Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO
'58 Bugeye, '67 BJ 8, '67 MGB V8