Re: Electronic ignition...again

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition...again
From: spriteracer@juno.com (R Williams)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:00:57 -0600
I don't recall if this was covered in the previous discussion of the
Crane electronic ignition. I just installed one on my 66 Midget and it
seems that the car will run perfectly for 5 minutes and then it will die
immediately. After a "cooling-off" period of about 5 minutes it will
start up and run perfectly. The troubleshooting section in the
instructions does not cover this kind of strange behavior. Has anyone
else experienced this? I am tempted to put the original points back in,
but after shelling out $120 I really want to make the Crane unit work.
You can't get real far driving 5 minutes, sitting 5 minutes, ect, ect,
ect.
Thanks for any help
Rick Williams