RE: What type of battery...

To: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>,
Subject: RE: What type of battery...
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 98 16:15:14 UT
Use a Group 26 Battery.  The advantage of the single 12 volt battery is that
they use newer battery technology over the 6 volt lead acid types that
originally came with your car.  That is, you get more CCAs and a battery that,
on average, will out perform and outlast the twin 6s.  As far as I can tell,
this is the only real advantage - well cost too!!!.  You can pick up a Group
26 450 CCA battery for about $30 on sale and a 650 CCA battery for less than
$50 any day of the week.  A set of 6 volt batteries (last time I purchased a
pair - say 1990 or so) set me back about $100 (without the acid) and lasted
until 1994 when I changed over the single 12 volt arrangement which is still
cranking strong.

However, if you are a stickler for originality, the dual 6s are the way to go!

Dr. Doug