Re: What type of battery...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What type of battery...
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:49:48 EST

> A 67B originally had 2 6volt batteries in it.  If a DPO has converted it to
>  a 12 volt the best solution is to take the existing battery (if it is still
>  there) to the parts shop so that you purchase one with the precise
>  dementions.  There is not much (if any) room for error in the battery box's
>  on these cars.   If you do not havre the battery I seem to recall that a
>  Group 24 or 26 battery will fit!  Anyone out there please jump in! Other
>  than cost is there some reason why he is usuing a 12 volt?
>
>  Safety Fast !!!

IMHO, the modern 12V battery is the only way to go. You get more cold
cranking amps in half the space. My group 26 12 volter cranks like crazy,
even in the cold. Only get the 6 volters if you're into originality.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336