Re: starting newsgroup

To: vwruss@gte.net (Russell T. Neyhart)
Subject: Re: starting newsgroup
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 08:39:10 -0500
   "you'd still have all the same good stuff"

You'd also have the spam, the flames, the wackos, etc.....  You think we
occasionally get off-topic now?  Just wait!  We had a Webtv newsgroup a
while back that was intended as a place to go for help with HTML, and to
test your HTML.  It was a fun and educational group, until it had to be
shut down because of some idiot who would flood it with 500 "Satan
Rules" posts a day.  I'm all for free speech, but nobody else could get
any posts in!  That's just one example of what can happen with
newsgroups.  There are other horror stories, but you get the point.

Start a newsgroup?  No thanks!  It may be a little tougher for the other
LBC owners to find us, but it's also tougher for the spammers and
nutcases.  I'd rather stick with the mailing list format.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort