Re[2]: starting newsgroup

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: starting newsgroup
From: ame@synaptics.com
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 98 12:09:18 Pst
     Hi All,

     this topic comes up regularly on all mailing lists, and here's my
     $0.02.

     The old mailing list versus newsgroup chestnut: my view, keep it as it
     is.  Newsgroups are notoriously low in signal to noise ratio.  They
     are continually spammed (how often has the mg list been spammed, not a
     lot).  Many people have poor access to newsgroups (but that is
     changing thanks to Deja News).  The biggest drawback is the speed of
     distribrution.  Email is sent out usually in a few minutes, newsgroups
     take hours (or even days) to replicate.

     I'll shut up now, and no, I haven't read this thread, the title was
     enough to make me write, so apologies if I am reiterating what others
     have said.

     Of course now we will get a stream of replies, half saying 'Yeah right
     on', the others saying 'No way, you are a moron'.  So, let's not,
     shall we?

     Andy