Re: starting newsgroup

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: starting newsgroup
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:10:16 EST
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 08:20:11 -0500 Larry Macy
<macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> writes:

>>Robert Newell
>I guess you are new. We just had this discussion a couple of weeks
>ago.
>The consensus was NO. I for one would not participate in a newsgroup.
>The
>SPAM-BOTS have all the usenet groups wired. I get enough spam on one
>of
>my other accounts w/o having to subject this account to the same
>thing.
>The delete key works well enough. Sorry but I will stick with the
>email
>list.
>But then again I am spoiled as 60 - 80 messages doesn't seem that long
>on
>an ISDN connection. This AM I had 127 to download. I went to Netscape
>and
>checked up on the NCAA tournement (Damn Hogs lost to Utah) whilst I
>waited.
>
>Larry Macy

I'll add my two cents worth and totally agree with Larry.
 I just downloaded today's batch (87) which took all of about 1 minute.
 Heck, it took me about that long to boot up the system when I came in!
I can live with a minute to two minute downloads to avoid the spammers. I
get enough "junk mail" in the black box next to the drive way!
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget