Re: Choke, Battery, Etc.

To: peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu
Subject: Re: Choke, Battery, Etc.
From: "M.P. Trebelhorn" <mpt3265@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:27:37 -0500 (EST)
> When my car is cold, it has to crank a LOT before it will start. It takes
> maybe 20-30 seconds of cranking to start cold.

This strikes me as unreasonably long.  Here in Rochester, NY, where the weekend
brought lows in the teens or single digits and six inches of snow, my 'B will
start on 2 or 3 seconds of cranking. (when we say cold start, we mean *cold
start*)  I'm using a battery pretty similar to the guy in Billings -- 550 or 600
cca group 26.  I second the suggestion of bad connections, weak grounds, and
so forth.  I would go through the starting and charging circuits with a wire
brush, check the ground strap, and try again.

Best of luck,
Matt