Re: Tonneau Installation Help!

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tonneau Installation Help!
From: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:04:08 -0500
I put a new one on my TD last fall. I started from the back center. Use a pencil
mark once you line things up properly. I used an Exacto knife and an awl. Push
the awl through the material for the hole and work the dot legs in by "rocking
and pushing at the same time. It takes a little time but if you stretch the
tonneau accordingly from rear to front and center to the sides all should work
well.Then use the Exacto to expand the hole once you get the fasteners fitting
together. Just take your time and stretch it. i hate to see a loose tonneau on
an MG.
By the way your fingers will get a bit sore but the finished product will look
great. did you get the satyfast material/

Cheers,

Steve
52 TD