Re: Tonneau Installation Help!

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau Installation Help!
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:53:23 -0800
Dan Ray wrote:

> Listers:
> Just got my tonneau cover today -- couldn't pass up the Moss sale!
> I know this has been covered before, but I didn't save to the "Important
> Advice" folder, unfortunately...
> Any advice on installing the "lift-the-dots" or just things to watch out for
> or handy how-tos before I tackle this sucker? I don't want to do something
> stupid that will give me less than optimum results!
> No directions with the top either and I quote: "We recommend our ...tonneau
> covers...be installed at automotive trim and upholstery shops that posess
> the tools...blah blah. Gimme a break!
> So, prospective tonneau installers TAKE HEED to any further advice on this!
> Don't do like I did and hit the DEL key!
> TIA
>
> Dan
> '73 B (Witch car)

I've been down that road, just yesterday.  I firmly believe that Moss is
opening the Robbins boxes and removing the installation instructions, so
they "Won't get sued." I bought both a tonneau and top. The instructions
were in the tonneau box, not in the top box.  After I went thru the
chain of command to the sales mgr, he allowed that they didn't want the
instructions in there.  He claimed that they (Moss) instructed Robbins
not to include the installation instructions.  Grrrrr........

  The above admission was only after I spoke with those people at great
length....

--
  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX, USA