Brake System Flushing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake System Flushing
From: PAINTRIX <PAINTRIX@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:53:19 EST
I am getting my 78 B ready for the upcoming top down driving season and the
first project is with the brake system.  I have leaky wheel cylinders and a
set of the stainless steel braided hose set to install.  While I am at it I
thinking of replacing the fluid with a silicone type.  The question is: How
will I tell when I have bled all the old fluid out of the system.  Can I use
some sort of cleaner (isopropyl alcohol was suggested) to clean the system or
do a just bleed with the silicone fluid?  If so how much new fluid would I
need to assure that I have flushed all the old fluid?

Thanks in advance for your help.

please visit my web site at <http:members.aol.com/paintrix> for photos of my
cars and also sorts of car artwork.

Steve Petrosky