Re: Brake System Flushing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake System Flushing
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:02:07 -0800
PAINTRIX wrote:
  I have leaky wheel cylinders and a
> set of the stainless steel braided hose set to install.

        Smart alek answer.  I suggest you install non-leaky wheel
cylinders.

While I am at it I
> thinking of replacing the fluid with a silicone type.

        Unless you are replacing the master and doing a rebuild on the
front calipers I do not recommend using silicone.  There is a good
likely-hood that you will have compatability, or foreign material
problems.  From my experience, unless the system is completely clean,
the benefits of using silicone are outweighed by the liabilities.

Kelvin.   2 cars with silicone, 5 cars without.