Re: Fiberglass B fenders

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass B fenders
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 02:52:22 -0500
Larry Dickstein wrote:
>         Sorry to have to tell you but the fiberglass parts are much harder to
> "do" than steel.

  Well, I spent the day just "doing" that so I guess I can offer
an opinion.

  Frankly, it wasn't too bad, but there were a couple of hairline
cracks that I just left. I re-glass any "damage" caused by impact
or bad storage, but there were a few cracks that looked like they
just appeared during use. I just covered them with primer and will
expect their return as soon as I drive the car.

  Still though, repairing a fiberglass crack is a lot more relaxing
and peaceful than welding in steel to fix a rust hole. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/