Re: Left hand drive

To: "Brian Furgalus" <lennon80@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: Left hand drive
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:49:02 -0700
Brian,

I'll take a complete guess...   Being a sea-faring nation, our forefathers
knew that when in a ship approaching another ship coming immediately toward
you, both ships would pass starboard (that is, on the right side).  This
avoided the nasty meetings that could occur if one ship turned left and the
other turned right.  Seems a natural rule to pass on to the original
roadways that were usually just one lane wide.

Anyone with a better theory?

Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB