Re: Left hand drive

To: AEKell <AEKell@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Left hand drive
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:29:28 -0500
Alan,
I believe that has to do with horses.  The near side being the side of the
horse that you normally mount from.

    Talking of rules of the road reminds me of an old UK TV show about a
rather litigious (sp?) old chap who was always taking the local council or
some other officialdom to court.  In one instance, during a flood in the
town, he was rowing a boat down a flooded street and ran into a police car
coming the other way.  Both 'vehicles' were on the same side of the street.
The old chap argued that since he was in a boat, the nautical rules of the
road should apply, which would imply using the opposite side of the waterway
(road) from that used by cars.

Cheers,
Simon