Re: Foray to the bodyshop

To: bruset@home.com
Subject: Re: Foray to the bodyshop
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:44:48 EDT
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:15:51 -0400 Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> writes:
>Wow.
>
>It's an amazing sight to see a car that had once been a hulking mass
>of
>brown sheetmetal and rust turned into something decent looking. My 78
>is
>currently awaiting paint at the body shop. I took the time to deliver
>some
>of the chrome bits I had ordered from George Merryweather to the shop,
>and
>got a chance to visit the car. It's got the trunk lid off, both the
>doors,
>the top frame, etc off, and  it's in pink primer! =)
>
>I tell you, I can't wait to show the car off this summer!!
>

>BEN RUSET

Anticipation setting in i see.......fun isnt it!!
A quick thought - are the front wings off? they should be/have been - so
you can refinish the insides of the wheel wells, castle sections, fronts
of rockers etc - then reassemble for the topcoat(s)
Sounds like it will be ready for reassembly soon - thats when the REAL
sweating begins - haha

mike robson
69 roadster (one step behind Bens)
70 BGT