POWDER COATING SET UP FOR MG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: POWDER COATING SET UP FOR MG
From: ENRIQUE CLAURE <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:15:25 -0400
Hello fellow MGers, I purchased the Eastwood Hot Coat powder coating system.
Unbeleiveably I found in the local paper a guy that was selling a 1 cubic
meter oven that goes up to 300=BAc for 500U$ if you dont know, these ovens
cost 3500$ upward used! OK so I lucked out. Next I got a small vacuum
pressue pump that puts out 30PSI that is fine for this purpose. Now I have
to determine what to paint that in turn has led me to ask the following:

I plan to paint the intake manifold (weber) and the exhause manifold with
powder coating system. The max temp that the paint will withstand is 205=BAC
or 400F or so. Does anybody know if these parts when operating reach these
temps? Am I in the safe zone here? Thanks to all Enrique