Re: white smoke

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: white smoke
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:41:10 EDT
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:01:11 -0500 "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
writes:

>Mike,
>
>One of my more glorious SNAFUs was to overfill the SU dashpots on a
>'74
>Midget. The car sits for awhile and a puddle of oil forms on the
>bottom of
>the intake tract. On first startup it just sits there, then the motor
>warms,
>warms the oil, and, when it is ingested, produces quite noticeable
>clouds of
>blue smoke. Once the oil is gone the car seems fine. Until the next
>day and
>the process repeats itself.
Hmmm - i did fill them last week......dont think i overfilled them but
ill look in the morning - good idea Bob

>BTW: I would not advise overfilling the SUs of a 'friends' car on a
>prank.
>No sir. That would be mean, cruel, and unkind. Nope. Wouldn't do it.
>
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

Lying Bugger!! - youd do it in a heartbeat - hehe - do they sell locks
for dashpot tops??!
BTW - why has the Elva gone from the signature? - nothing untoward i
hope!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT