'79 rebuild update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '79 rebuild update
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 08:41:25 -0500
Hi All,

Well, my '79 B rebuilding/assembly project is coming along well. Last
Saturday I painted it in a nice BRIGHT GM Torch Red with PPG Concept single
stage paint. It's not the original color, it was yellow, but was a gross
kinda' faded white when I brought it home in boxes. At this point I'm
really lucky to have purchased my '76 parts car because I'm using it as the
map for re assembly of the '79.

Of course now with the nice shiny paint comes reservations of reusing the
old chrome trim parts. They didn't look so bad before but now I'm really
seeing all kinds of sanding scratches and gouges from previous body work
and pits from spending years outside in the weather. So I'm going to break
down and get new door handles, trim, wiper ferrules, etc. So much for the
budget.

After I get it on the road I'll start looking at redoing the interior. I'm
going to do my own upholstery work using my experience from my T-Bucket
project. I'll post pictures of the project as soon as I get them scanned.

I would like to thank the List for much help during the past months as
questions were asked and answered that only now are becoming apparent. With
any luck I should be out driving around by the end of May.

Thanks again,
Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB
Steve's HotRod World