MGB ANSA vs. Stock hangers grrrrrr

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB ANSA vs. Stock hangers grrrrrr
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:15:41 -0500
Ya'll knew this was coming!
The ANSA exhaust looks reeeeel purdy, but is about an inch shy (to the rear)
on the middle and rear hangers of matching up to the stock
hangers....%*#@##!!!
The headpipe is snug to the manifold, with a one loose nut per hole. (fer
mobility, jes' like ya'll said)
I'm fixin' to modify with spacers and sech contraptions that will make it
hang on the stock with nat'ral nuts and bolts...
Anyone else had this curmudgeon with these here Eyetalian products? My
wallet was stolen in Rome on the subway years ago, and I had a problem since
then...bad luck or karma, or something...
Nothing a mighty torch can't handle, but I'll be damned if I can't figure
this one out --
with a little help from my friends...:)
If a BFH, drill and Lowe's sheet metal is what I need...I'll do it!
But John Twist seems to like these ANSAs! What's the trick?
TIA
Dan
'73 B - anxiously waiting for parts and a good weekend romp on the road.