Re: Judson supercharger

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Judson supercharger
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:44:38 +0100
On 6/5/98 9:05 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>No, think of where the carbs are on an MGA and MGB.  :-)  I've got a picture
>of an Eaton Supercharger on an MGB, no need to make any body mods.  (the
>Judson is smaller, it fits better)
>
>http://www.plantagenet.com/~mowogmg/mymods.htm
>
>I've been advised against taking the Eaton route, as apparently the Eaton's
>like to eat the bottom out of MGB engines
>

>Alas, I'm still in search of a Judson in good condition.  (the buggers are
>tough to find!)

I'm interested in all this talk of Judson blowers. These are almost
unknown in the UK, but by coincidence we are running a feature in MG
World on an English MGA 1500 with one in. The owner imported the unit
from Canada. It sounds a good system if you don't want to spend money on
engine mods and are happy with a modest increase in power.

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk