Re: GT questions

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: GT questions
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:15:19 -0400
Robert Allen wrote:

> As no one seems to be running to your cause. . .
>
> David Allen wrote:
>
> >    Will somebody take the time to explain, how the carpet pieces directly
> > behind the rear wheelwells in my GT are attached? I think they are supposed
> > to cover the tailights as well as the floor, but what holds them against
> > the lights?
>
> Nope. Carpet just laid on the floor in the back of the wings. I've never seen
> car (boasted as stock) that covered the lights and wiring.

Whoops.  Big ol' disagree, here.  Mine did when delivered from the
factory and still does.  If you look at the piece, it is obvious that
it's supposed to lay up against the back of the taillights, covering the
wiring.  There was a round, nylon type snap that was attached at the top
of the carpet flap which was a press fit in a small hole in a metal
cross piece.  Lots of luck finding one of those! Use velcro to hold it
in place.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/