RE: MG Title

To: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MG Title
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 07:39:55 -0600
Kevin, it's probably illegal.  You might want to check with a lawyer.

But is it done?  Yes, frequently.  Talk to the Street Rod people.  Ever seen
a "brand new" plastic '32 Ford Roadster?  There is a good chance it will be
titled as a 1932 Ford, even if NONE of the parts came from the original car.

If you bought a new Heritage Shell for your car today would it have to be
re-titled as a 1998 MGB?  If the only original item left on my 1969 is the
body what year is it?

I don't think the answers are very clear, and I suspect that whether it is
legal or not gets a bit muddied too.

Larry Hoy; Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"