Re: MGA Roadster - whats it worth

To: mw_jordan@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: MGA Roadster - whats it worth
From: RatiganJ <RatiganJ@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:29:29 EDT
    If the seller thinks it is worth between $5,000 and $8,000, he is mentally
disturbed.  The $3500 was a very fair offer.  I would think you should perhaps
get the car for a little less.  I bought my 58 Roadster (with wires) in a
reasonably complete state for $2,200, two years ago.  The car had sat covered
for 15 years and the engine was froze, but everything was there.

     The heater was an option, so the "blanking" plate is not a surprise.  I
recently looked at an MGA sitting idle for sale in Colorado that did not have
a heater.  By the way, the fella wanted $3,000 for the MGA (it is still there)
and I dare say it was probably a better deal than the one you described.

     For $3,500, you can find an MGA that is not too bad.  Have you tried the
Internet car searches?  Autofinders or CarTalk?  If you want the addresses,
let me know.

Joe Ratigan
'58 Roadster