MG enthusiasts aren't always human

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MG enthusiasts aren't always human
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:55:05 -0500
My B is finally roadworthy again! Sounds great with the new exhaust too!
After struggling to get the exhaust on last night, my chore today was to
reinstall the starter that I had fixed this week.
As I was working to get the top bolt of the starter back in, working down
into the engine bay, I noticed a whole bunch of leaves gathered into the
right rear corner of the bay. Mind you, "Punkin" has been up on jacks for
about 3 or 4 weeks now, but during this time I've been meticulously cleaning
out the engine compartment while she was off the road. "That's weird", I
thought, "It's been stormy the past few days, but there's no way the wind
could blow these leaves up in here". Then it hit me, "oh...no, in a couple
days? no way!" I started digging at the leaves, down into that little cubby
hole above the right front fender. I dug out a bucket full of leaves,
digging further into that hole above the wheel well along the engine bay,
pulling out handfuls of leaves.
Then I thought I touched something fuzzy...:)
I reached in again to dig out some leaves (I have skinny hands) and
something "gently" went CHOMP on my finger. I checked my finger, no
blood...kinda weird though! We've got a squirrel colony in the yard...but
squirrels aren't gentle creatures.
Got a glove and reached in, grabbed the warm fuzzy thing and dragged it
out -- A very young Possum!
Must have just been kicked out of the nest by momma, and Judith (SO)
remembered that our beagle was very interested in the MG this morning.

Moral of the story: check the cozy spots on your LBC this time of year, the
mommas are letting their youngsters go into the world, and some of them like
MGs! It only takes a couple of days for you to find some "enthusiasts".

Dan
'73 B