Re: Wheels - obscure question

To: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wheels - obscure question
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 07:08:13 -0400
WSpohn4 wrote:

> I know it's a long shot, but I am going to sell some fairly rare wheels that I
> have and I was trying to come up with the part number. Unfortunately, much of
> my technical material is packed away for an impending move, and I couldn't
> find the book I needed.
>
> The part that I want the number for is a competition wire wheel made for the
> MGB, and only offered early in pruduction. It is a triple laced 60 spoke 5
> 1/2" (1" wider than stock). It was out of the Special Tuning book by AKD
> 4034L, and my early book is the one that is packed.
>
> Help anyone?
>
> Bill S.

Bill,

I've got a Special Tuning booklet, C-AKD 4034 F that lists a 14 inch,
5.5 inch rim 70-spoke wire wheel, part number C-AHH 8530.  I've NEVER
seen a reference to a competition 60-spoke wire wheel, and I have a copy
of the parts book for that era with competition stuff listed as well.
You DO have a rarity!  Assuming you have the 70-spoke version, I'd be
most interested in a possible purchase - depending upon condition.
Please describe "fairly new" - have they been raced hard?

By the way, Anders Clausager wonders if the "70" is perhaps incorrect
and should be "72".  I note that the 5.5 in wires for the MGB sold today
are all 72 spoke models, but all the BL literature refers to 70!

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/