Re: Wheels - obscure question

To: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wheels - obscure question
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 20:49:28 -0400
WSpohn4 wrote:

> In a message dated 13/05/98 6:02:44 AM EST,  schooler@erols.com writes:
>
> <<  I've NEVER
>  seen a reference to a competition 60-spoke wire wheel, and I have a copy
>  of the parts book for that era with competition stuff listed as well.
>  You DO have a rarity!  Assuming you have the 70-spoke version, I'd be
>  most interested in a possible purchase - depending upon condition.
>  Please describe "fairly new" - have they been raced hard?    >>
>
> They are basically new, although they had been sitting for years when I got
> them. I stripped them and resprayed them a few years ago. They are on a TR3
> that I have been agonizing about selling. They are 60 spoke and thanks to
> another member I now have the part number. No idea if the later ones were
> really 70 or 72.
> When I decide about the TR perhaps I'll post to the list, although I am in
> Canada and it's difficult to sell across borders. Awkward to ship as well, as
> I would be selling them with the new tires mounted (195 - 60 14 Bridgestone
> Potenzas).
>
> Bill

As often happens to folks who make absolute statements, they have to eat
their words.  (Chew, munch, swallow, swallow....gulp....)  Yeah, Larry
sent me the message and sure enough, there was a 60 spoke 5.5 inch
competition wheel made.....you'd think I'd learn that with so many
variations and changes that were made during the B's production run that
nobody can be absolutely sure about most anything.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/