Re: Wheels - obscure question

To: schooler@erols.com
Subject: Re: Wheels - obscure question
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:13:43 EDT
In a message dated 13/05/98 6:02:44 AM EST,  schooler@erols.com writes:

<<  I've NEVER
 seen a reference to a competition 60-spoke wire wheel, and I have a copy
 of the parts book for that era with competition stuff listed as well.
 You DO have a rarity!  Assuming you have the 70-spoke version, I'd be
 most interested in a possible purchase - depending upon condition.
 Please describe "fairly new" - have they been raced hard?    >>

They are basically new, although they had been sitting for years when I got
them. I stripped them and resprayed them a few years ago. They are on a TR3
that I have been agonizing about selling. They are 60 spoke and thanks to
another member I now have the part number. No idea if the later ones were
really 70 or 72.
When I decide about the TR perhaps I'll post to the list, although I am in
Canada and it's difficult to sell across borders. Awkward to ship as well, as
I would be selling them with the new tires mounted (195 - 60 14 Bridgestone
Potenzas).

Bill