Re: oil filters

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:32:48 -0700
> Yes, you have nothing to worry about.  I am interested in the adapter you have
> for the filter.  do you have an oil cooler?

No, the oil cooler is missing, which I think has to do with the fact that
the filter adapter has no fitting for one, which was probably done when
the trannie blew up and the (D?)PO had a later OD unit installed, although
it could have been done earlier because there are no signs that one was
installed - so it could have been removed prior to being repainted god
knows how long ago.

I haven't delved into the engine bay yet (gotta get a head lamp so I can
see what the heck I'm doing) but fitting a new oil cooler is near the top
of the list.  I hope to Kimber it hasn't been badly overheated.

Skye

--
1966 MGB                GHN3L-70307
The MGB Experience      http://www.mgb.bc.ca/