RE: Nostalgic Design -Reply

To: stecz@pswtech.com
Subject: RE: Nostalgic Design -Reply
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 04:25:47 +0000
> There's a woman here at the office who drives a Z3, I gave her a hard time
> that I thought that her Z3 was one of those fake hard tops like you used to
> see on Cadillacs, basically a vinyl roof with fake ribs on it to look like a
> 'vert.

One of my fellow officers at the squadron has a Miata, and he enjoys
tormenting me with it.  He knows that if I see a Miata with the top
down, and my top is up, I have to immediately stop and put my top
down. (Fortunately, this doesn't happen to0 often--some of the Miata
owners here in Virginia Beach still have their hardtops on!).
        Anyway, if we leave the squadron at the same time, he'll wait for me
to get my car started, then put his top down, regardless of the
temperature or climate, and smile at me as he drives off, knowing
that he can just flip the top back up in five seconds when he stops
at the first traffic light, while I'll be doing the five-minute
origami thing when I get home!
        Of course, when I park mine next to his, mine gets all the
attention, even though his new Miata is in better shape, has leather
seats, and cost him $23000, so I have my fair share of fun at his
expense as well!
Scott