Re: Nostalgic Design

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic Design
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:14:37 -0400
Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Nothing against Miatas, but I'm not too sure many will be fully
> restored 20+ years from now. ...  Another is
> all the electronic wizardry in the cars.

  Well, one point is that it will not be so "wizard-like" in a
few years.

  For a case in point, I have some period literature on early
electronic fuel injection systems. The manuals talk about it
like it's a supercomputer or something, but even an average
radio shack stocks most of the electronics required to
reproduce it today.

  If you have a real oddball car you might be in trouble, but
that is true today of oddball cars of the 60s as well.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/