Re: MGA Chassis

To: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: MGA Chassis
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:35:04 -0400 (EDT)
        To clean the chassis sand blasting is the way to go but you should
use a power blaster not a siphon type. A wire brush will work but use an
angle grinder and not a drill. The drill is not powerful enough. As far as
the welder goes don't expect much from the cheap units. You need a MIG
welder for the body work and that will set you back about $500 or so. It
may seem like a lot but to have someone do the work for you will cost a
lot more and you still won't have the welder. I can almost guarantee that
no matter how much you try a regular arc welder will ruin your car. For
painting the chassis buy chassis paint, it's harder and looks better. The
Eastwood company sells a good quality paint, but you can also find it
locally.
...Art