Rusty floor

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rusty floor
From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:57:00 -0700
Hi again,

Work continues with my 73BGT, I removed the seats and old carpet etc.
and in removing some rust on the drivers side floor area beneath the
seat..... Yes, the rust was worse than I thought, I actually now have
some holes as a result of my scraping.  The question is - has anyone
managed a repair to this area without having a new floor piece welded
in, eg. with fiberglass etc.

I know I am asking for some criticism asking a question like this, but
the rust isn't as bad as it sounds. I just think of all the other issues
and
cost eg. probably removing the exhaust, which I suspect will then need
to be replaced. If the new floor is not positioned correctly the seat may
not fit right etc. etc.

I know - a small price for safety!

Anyway, any advice comments please.

Alan B.'