Re: The pinnacle of the marque

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: The pinnacle of the marque
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 05:59:23 -0500
The MG "A" is definitly the pinnacle.

According to my dictionary, the definition of pinnacle is "the highest
point or place". When comparing the two cars, the MG "A", in my book
(and others judging from the responses), gets a 100, an "A" in any class
I ever took, while the "B" just a few points less. Hence the name MG"B".
I think this is what the factory had in mind when they named them. If
they were so proud of the replacement to the "A" they would have called
it the "A+" instead of the "B". (this plus name is evident in the Morgan
family).

The "B" is good. No doubt about it. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage
if someone gave me one, but at the top of it's class is in-disputably
the MG"A".

Chuck Schaefer
61 MGA Coupe (runner)
56 MGA Roadster (undergoing a long and enjoyable restoration)