Re: MGC

To: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>, "Mark Iansiti" <Mark.Iansiti@gte.net>
Subject: Re: MGC
From: "Murray Arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:33:46 +1000
Bob,

Saw your comment re MGC steering racks!  Right hand drive ones are
certainly available nut not sure of LHD.  On the other hand I can tell you
that there is a pool of second hand LHD MGC and MGB steering racks sitting
around the MG workshops of Australia as a result of the ex USA Spec Bs and
Cs coming in to Australia from the USA.

On the subject of rare C's I bought a MGC Auto Roadster in from San
Francisco some years ago.  Car is now fully restored and in some one else's
hands.  Am afraid the Auto-box did absolutely nothing for me.  Mind you the
guy that has it now loves it.......  So whatever one likes is OK by me.

Murray Arundell
Brisbane - Australia

> Subject: Re: MGC
> Date: Wednesday, 3 June 1998 10:37
>
> Mark Iansiti wrote:
>
> > Just picked up a 1969 MGC Roadster (wire wheels, overdrive, reclining
seats) and
> > wondered whether this is as rare of a bird as I think.
>
> This ain't exact but there were almost 9,000 MGCs built. About half of
the total were imported to the U.S.A. and the mix
> was about evenly split between roadsters and GTs.  Wire wheels,
overdrive, and reclining seats are not rare on the model.

> Although rare in total numbers, they didn't distinguish themselves
sufficiently in image or performance over the 'B' to
> garner much collector status. If you're looking, they aren't hard to
find. Only about a 20% premium over an equivalent 'B'.

> They are fun, though.
>
> > is this the same rack used on a 'B'?
>
> No. They slowed the steering in the 'C' to get better leverage over the
heavy lump on the front wheels. The 'B' rack
> attachment points are different than the 'C'. However, with some minor
bracket construction, a 'B' rack can be installed in