Re: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: Re: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)
From: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 8:04:57 -0500
Geoff writes:  <<I think the fuel cut-out switch might be the go, but I'm open
suggestions...>>

I once used a "homemade" engine kill system.  I used a $15
"remote control switch" from JC Whitney.  It came with a
key fob remote and a simple on/off switch.

I installed the switch as inconspicuously as possible to
cut power to the coil.  Result: fuel pump runs, car would
turn over normally, but wouldn't start even by pushing.
(Symptoms believed to be fairly common to LBC cars! :-) )

With no "hidden switch" in the car, the system should deter
most joyriders.  (Serious thieves simply use a tow truck!)

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI