RE: Clay Magic

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Clay Magic
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:20:47 -0600 (MDT)
At 17:59 04/06/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:50:24 -0600 (MDT), Williams/MG Guy
><mgguyc100@newedge.net> raves:
>>Wow!
(snip)

>Sounds terrific. The just have a few questions:
>1) does it leave scratches or swirl marks on the paint?

Joseph....By now you've read the post from Randy Johnson in Dallas re:Clay
Magic. I couldn't locate that specific product, but the Meguiar's product
worked well...and no, no swirls detected, as the majority of my motion, as
Randy pointed out, was with the lines of the car ie: back and forth..

>2) does it remove any of the paint, like a cleaner/compound?

No, just the light overspray

>3) does it only work on surface contaminants, like overspray?

Packaging indicates only surface contaminants..

>and
>4) do you need to use something else, like a cleaner/compound, before I
>wax?

The bar came with a liquid spray (probably what preventing having 'Clay
Magic' shipped to me in canada...but, I digress...) which acted as a
lubricant for the clay....and left a nice finish in it's own right....