Re: Day Off - Are We Having Fun Yet?

To: phubbard@carroll.com
Subject: Re: Day Off - Are We Having Fun Yet?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:31:47 EDT
On Fri, 05 Jun 1998 18:03:49 -0400 Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
writes:
>Well, I'm just as frustrated as I can be.  My whole day off is gone
>and I
>got zilch done.  Subject - suspension upgrade to replace nonexistent
>andworn bushings.  Here's the story.

snip

>So, I turn to the faithful list that has preserved more than one
>mechanic's sanity.  What to do now?  I don't own many tools and that is
half my
>problem.  The other half is I don't know what I'm doing.  I probably
>should have taken the car to a competent mechanic, signed a second
mortgage
>and said "fix it".  But silly me, I wanted to learn how to fix my own.
>Despite my current frustration I'm still determined not to remain a
mechanical
>idiot.

I like your determination Phil! - from what you wrote there you can wear
your "enthusiast" badge with pride. keep thinking like that and the car
will get fixed
before you know it!
I dont know Midgets and defer to those much more experienced but my guess
is
that a nut-splitter is the order of the day for the intransigent side -
also -
One thing i learned(and still learn) the hard way was that if you -think-
youre going to need a part, especially nuts, bolts and the like then you
probably do and its a good practice to have them on hand before you
tackle the job - this isnt always true, sometimes you dont know what you
need til its all in pieces!
Im no expert either - more of a duffer  - and often i have to get baled
out by a pro after i cock something up (witness my earlier carbs post!)
but i do have a nice collection of nuts bolts, bits of rubber and the
like! hehe - and i do learn a little more every time i do something!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster