Re: 70' MGB GT questions ( Longish)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 70' MGB GT questions ( Longish)
From: "Jon Årikstad" <jon@nextel.no>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:02:37 +0200
Just to clarify:
Engine:
I wrote that a 'rebore' would cost up to 10K Norwegian ( ~£770/ USD
1300).
This is a max. price, with rebore, new piston/rings reground crankshaft
+ bearings 'the works'    +vat ( MOMS in Norway).
I will probably go for this. The company 'Sylinder Service' here in Oslo
is recommended by 'everybody'

I think many of the mechanics that that you meet,  thinks that
all LBC's should have rattles/uneven panel gaps/poor brakes etc.
That said, the brakes stops the car quite
effective, I just have to get used to non assisted steering/brakes
(muscle servo).
(Power assisted steering + brakes on the car,remote control on TV,
working on a PC all day, not much muscles left)

 But I will check the brakes. They have just passed inspection, but...

There was some oil in the rear drums. The mechanic who prepaired the car
for inspection, said thad he cleaned it all up. Is that possible, or
should
I just buy new brake shoes ??

Guess I have to get under the car to check the vent draining 'ball'.

Also, one of the outer rims for the headlamp fell off , the other
is stuck !!!. Of course the one where the high beam doesn't work.
Press and turn, right? To pass the inspection, new reflectors has
been installed. Is there supposed to be a gap between the rim and the
headlamp ?

So far, the blue smoke engine has made the KMpKR very low.
This has made the W/R/D/C ratio  1/1/2/10

RGDS
Jon Arikstad
smokie (1970 MGB GT)

KMpKR= Kilometres pr. Kroner ( =Miles pr
Pound/Dollar)
W= Wash/polishing
R= Repair/maint.
D= Driving